NSCC Kingstec - A Child's Eyes and Their Role in Development
This session will walk you through the neuroscience behind the development of the visual system. It will explain the developmental steps of vision and how it relates to different age
This session will walk you through the neuroscience behind the development of the visual system. It will explain the developmental steps of vision and how it relates to different age groups ECEs work with. In addition to theory about the visual system, participants will experience hands-on moments, and will learn a variety of activities that they can do with infants, toddlers and preschoolers to playfully support maturation of the teamwork of the eyes. The workshop will also include how irregularities in the visual system are often the cause of labels that kids will receive later in life such as ADHD, dyslexia, as well as sports avoidance, dysregulation, awkward social interactions and more.
Facilitator: Nancy Ceulemans & Heather Cukierski
Deadline to register: March 31, 2023
This workshop will be facilitated online via Microsoft Teams
- PC (Desktop or laptop)
- Access to email (we’ll send you a link to the session)
- Registered participants will receive detailed instructions and be invited to a practice session to test your technology prior to the first session.
It is the participants’ responsibility to make sure their equipment, including headphones, will work with the session. As per our policy, refunds will not be issued less than two weeks before the workshop.
- Credit card or VISA Debit payment over the phone. (Staff from Kingstec Student Services will contact you.)
- Prepayment via eBill payment through your electronic banking. Student ID# required. Contact us to confirm your NSCC student ID.
- Cheque mailed to — Student Accounts – NSCC, Kingstec Campus, 236 Belcher Street, Kentville, NS, B4N 0A6
- Not permitted: cash or walk-in payments.
*please keep our workshop guidelines in mind* https://www.nscc.ca/ecdsc/professional-development/kingstec-guidelines.asp
Registration opens December 5, 2022
To Register: http://bit.ly/kingstecreg
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 12:00 pm