Watch Carrie Melsom’s seminar on biting and join other ECEs to discuss what prevention strategies you can apply in your classroom.
Facilitated by Carrie Melsom, hosted by Olha Khaperska (EYCDC).
IMPORTANT: Please make sure you watched the CHOMP! seminar. It is available on our on-demand PD platform with a 30-day free trial period.
We will structure our online discussion around the learning outcomes of the seminar:
- Discuss why biting in group care is unfortunate, not unexpected.
- Talk about environmental, sensory, and developmental factors that might lead to biting.
- Consider possible prevention steps for a child who is about to bite.
- Analyze action steps if a bite occurs.
- Identify prevention roles and strategies for educators when a child gets stuck using biting to meet needs.
- Discuss the value of developing and communicating a biting policy to share with families on enrollment.
To register, please visit: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/411725150007