NSCECE - Reflective Seminar: Embracing Identities
07feb7:00 pm8:30 pmNSCECE - Reflective Seminar: Embracing Identities
Watch Ron Grady’s seminars on embracing identities and join other ECEs to discuss creating an anti-bias practice where all children belong. Facilitated by Ron Grady, hosted by Olha Khaperska (EYCDC). IMPORTANT:
Watch Ron Grady’s seminars on embracing identities and join other ECEs to discuss creating an anti-bias practice where all children belong.
Facilitated by Ron Grady, hosted by Olha Khaperska (EYCDC).
IMPORTANT: Please make sure you watched the Embracing Identities Seminars. It is available on our on-demand PD platform with a 30-day free trial period.
We will structure our online discussion around the learning outcomes of the seminar:
- Reflect on our own identities and cultural lenses
- Describe the four pillars of anti-bias education.
- Discuss ways to identify and affirm children’s identities through the materials and social climate of the classroom.
- Identify three ways that educators can create a classroom environment that supports positive identity development.
- Recognize characteristics of picture books that provide children with windows and mirrors for exploring identity and intersectionality.
- Consider how classroom materials can support ongoing inquiry into identities, relationships, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Recognize that diverse materials are not enough and recognize the critical role classroom discussion and inquiry play in anti-bias education.
- Propose ways to support children in forming peer relationships that value inclusion.
- Identify principles and lenses that can be incorporated to further anti-bias practice.
- Value the use of connecting rituals and routines in supporting children throughout the day.
To register, please visit: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/411750034437
(Tuesday) 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm